We live in a world of concrete jungles.
5 Ways We Can Teach Our Children To Protect The Nature And Save Our Environment
1) Planting trees
2) Saving Water
Apart from this, some simple tasks can help you to train your child to save water.
- Imbibe in your kids the values to save water not only at home but also in school and public places.
- If they have extra water left in their bottles, let them use it to water the roadside plants rather than just throwing it away.
- Ask them to turn off the tap when they are brushing their teeth.
- Encourage them to notify about leaking taps.
- Ask your kids to take shorter or quick showers.
- Tell kids not to fill their water cups to the brim. Rather, let them fill half a cup and refill it if they need more.
- Let them drink water when they feel thirsty instead of juice. Did you know, it takes 200 liters of water to make one glass of orange juice?
- Discourage your kids from playing with water guns or spilling water on each other.
3) Reusing and Recycling
|Source: Wikipedia Commons|
4) Saving energy
|Source: Creative Commons|
Here are some simple examples of how you can teach children to save energy and protect nature and the environment:
- Go for a walk instead of playing video games
- Challenge them to an hour of watching TV followed by an hour of reading.
- Make a chart and keep a track of how your child saves or wastes electricity.
- Have a no-electricity hour for the whole family.
- Involve them in DIY projects.
- Keep a count of how many times your child switches off any electrical appliance when not in use.
- Use a rewards system to encourage your child to conserve energy.
5) Spreading awareness
- Our nature is threatened today due to overconsumption, population explosion, and pollution.
- As responsible citizens, we need to take steps to protect and preserve our nature and our environment.
- Similarly, we must also teach our kids right from a young age to protect our environment.
- Help your children to understand the importance of trees and water resources.
- Teach them what would happen if all these energy resources and our nature were extinct.
- Educate them about the threat that our environment faces.
- Help your child save energy by giving them simple tasks and challenges.
- Additionally, inspire your children to reuse or recycle their old belongings.
- Encourage them to spread awareness about protecting nature among their friends and in your neighborhood.